Helpful Hints for Couples
Here at Arthur Murray we specialize in teaching couples to dance.
Here at Arthur Murray we specialize in teaching couples to dance. Teaching couples is different from teaching individuals and requires special care.
Teachers are trained to make learning fun and easy, and you can help by remembering the following:
- Let your teacher do the teaching. This means avoid finding fault with each other which can be distracting.
- It’s not how many steps you know; it’s how you execute them. (You always notice good dancers by how they move, not by how many patterns they do.) Learning too many steps too soon results in bad habits and frustration at not executing them properly.
- In teaching couples, we have learned that men typically progress slower because they have more to do and tend to be more analytical or mechanical. Women, on the other hand, feel movement quicker and therefore, THE LADY MUST TRY TO BE PATIENT AND NOT EXPECT TOO MUCH TOO SOON.
- It’s important to keep your lessons close together, and more importantly to use them in close conjunction with group lessons and practice lessons. Ideally, each visit should be scheduled to include more than one activity. This will aid you in making speedy progress and gaining confidence in your dancing in a shorter period of time.
- Communicate with your teacher so that he or she will know what to teach you and the way you like to be taught. The more we know about your dance needs the better we can plan your lessons now and prepare your future program.
- Enjoyed it so much!A Google User
- Let's say it simply, "dance is fun". The friends you make are ones for the ages.A Google User
- All of the instructors are very talented, fun and friendly. They impart a sense of family. All the cares of the world melt away once entering the positive atmosphere in the studioMary C.
- Great instructors and high energy! A fun place to dance!Ann L.
- Arthur Murray dance studio is an extremely welcoming place. Everyone is not only focused on teaching you in a way that will allow you to absorb the information based on your needs, but also allows you to have the most fun possible. The care I received from everyone in the staff is still blowing me away and I would recommend this studio in a heartbeat. Joshua will make sure that when you are beginning your classes, that you will be at your utmost comfort in the new environment and he is very down to earth. Don't give it a second thought, you won't regret it.Alennia J.
- Going to Arthur Murray was like having a big happy familyMary E.