Browse F.A.Q. Topics
What do you do if your partner is more experienced than you are?In football terms, she’s the defense and you’re the offense. Since you don’t play the same position, or even on the same side of the ball, you have different jobs and responsibilities. So just because she took some dance classes before, that doesn’t come into play at all with your role as the leader/quarterback.
How often should I come in for my lessons?If possible, keep your lessons as close together in the beginning of your program. This allows your teacher to get your brain and body to cooperate much sooner.
Where am I going to use this stuff I’m learning anyway?You can put everything you’re learning into action right away at one of our practice parties. Outside of that, many of our students use their dancing at wedding receptions, reunions, and company parties. If you’re planning a vacation, going on a cruise will usually provide several different themed rooms to dance in. Lastly, there are nightclubs you can go to as well. Whether it’s salsa or country, there’s a little bit of everything out there. The more you know in your dancing, the more you have to choose from.
(Bride) I’m taking lessons for my wedding, should I dance in my wedding shoes?Your wedding shoes are a part of the finishing touches to your overall “wedding look”. Unfortunately, they aren’t always designed for comfort, or dancing. We’d recommend that you bring your shoes in so your teacher can see how well you can move in them and determine the best course of action. In a perfect world, we’d suggest to get a pair of white ballroom dancing shoes to wear for the first dance and reception. Your guests won’t even know and, trust us, they will be so much more comfortable.
What do I wear for my first lesson?We have students that come to their lessons straight from work or straight from the gym, so what ever’s comfortable or convenient is fine with us.
I’d like to get a pair of ballroom dance shoes, what should I look for?For guys your first pair should be regular, non-patent, leather in a standard heel. Because of the softness of the leather, the shoes will stretch more than normal so some dancers get a half size smaller than normal street shoes. For girls we recommend any of the heels as long as they aren’t higher than 2.5 inches. In addition, we always recommend a nude or bronze colored shoe for your first pair.
What kind of shoes should I wear for my lesson?You can wear any type of shoe that won’t slip off of your feet. So dress shoes or sneakers are fine, just skip the sandals. The other option is ballroom dance shoes which have a suede sole and softer leather.
- If you are looking for fun, friends and fantastic dancing. If you want to get exercise and have a great time doing it! If you require great customer service and value for your money. Arthur Murray Dance Studios is the place to go! Working on our 4th year dancing there, my husband and I have made amazing friends, feel like we're at home there and love feeling capable to dance anywhere to any kind of music! Be a participant in life and put your feet in the hands of Arthur Murray Dance Studios!Toni Z.
- My Fiance and I wanted to "step up" our dance skills for our first dance as husband and wife, we turned to a few dance studios and Arthur Murray was just the best. They responded to our emails right away and welcomed us in for a free 30 minute lesson to make sure we liked it. Well we loved it and purchased (6) 30 minute lessons with Kris Kohlhaas. Kris was phenomenal and took two uncomfortable beginners and made us comfortable and confident on the dance floor! If you are just beginning or have years of dance experience, GO TO ARTHUR MURRAY DANCE CENTER!! They are simply the best!!Cassie Whittemore
- Arthur Murray in Orlando is a great studio. They are fun to work with and are very talented instructors! Highly recommendA Google User
- Fantastic instructors and dancers!!! The studio is beautiful with a friendly and fun atmosphereA Google User
- The people are all nice it's a good atmasphere and everyone has a good time.A Google User
- My wife and I originally went to Arthur Murray Orlando to prepare for our daughter's wedding, 3 years ago. We found a hobby we love because we were treated so well by the staff. We enjoy our private lessons, group lessons, parties and special events. We feel as though walking in the door of the studio was one of the smartest decisions we ever made.A Google User