Browse F.A.Q. Topics
What do you do if your partner is more experienced than you are?In football terms, she’s the defense and you’re the offense. Since you don’t play the same position, or even on the same side of the ball, you have different jobs and responsibilities. So just because she took some dance classes before, that doesn’t come into play at all with your role as the leader/quarterback.
How often should I come in for my lessons?If possible, keep your lessons as close together in the beginning of your program. This allows your teacher to get your brain and body to cooperate much sooner.
Where am I going to use this stuff I’m learning anyway?You can put everything you’re learning into action right away at one of our practice parties. Outside of that, many of our students use their dancing at wedding receptions, reunions, and company parties. If you’re planning a vacation, going on a cruise will usually provide several different themed rooms to dance in. Lastly, there are nightclubs you can go to as well. Whether it’s salsa or country, there’s a little bit of everything out there. The more you know in your dancing, the more you have to choose from.
(Bride) I’m taking lessons for my wedding, should I dance in my wedding shoes?Your wedding shoes are a part of the finishing touches to your overall “wedding look”. Unfortunately, they aren’t always designed for comfort, or dancing. We’d recommend that you bring your shoes in so your teacher can see how well you can move in them and determine the best course of action. In a perfect world, we’d suggest to get a pair of white ballroom dancing shoes to wear for the first dance and reception. Your guests won’t even know and, trust us, they will be so much more comfortable.
What do I wear for my first lesson?We have students that come to their lessons straight from work or straight from the gym, so what ever’s comfortable or convenient is fine with us.
I’d like to get a pair of ballroom dance shoes, what should I look for?For guys your first pair should be regular, non-patent, leather in a standard heel. Because of the softness of the leather, the shoes will stretch more than normal so some dancers get a half size smaller than normal street shoes. For girls we recommend any of the heels as long as they aren’t higher than 2.5 inches. In addition, we always recommend a nude or bronze colored shoe for your first pair.
What kind of shoes should I wear for my lesson?You can wear any type of shoe that won’t slip off of your feet. So dress shoes or sneakers are fine, just skip the sandals. The other option is ballroom dance shoes which have a suede sole and softer leather.
- Exceptional people, above and beyond dedication to their students.Tiffany Jones
- We came to this studio to choreograph our wedding dance. Everyone there was sooooo friendly. Mercy and Lauren helped us create a very special dance to a specific song that we weren't sure what kind of dance would fit. Mercy listened and decided on a mix of Rumba, Hustle, and Cha Cha. It turned out SO amazing and we had so many compliments on it at our wedding! I definitely recommend coming here anytime you want to have fun with these amazing people, learning some awesome dance moves.Paige Tamm
- Congratulations to Arthur Murray Lake Mary on their tenth anniversary and grand opening of the new studio! Our journey with them started almost four years ago as we sought to check off a long standing item on our bucket list. The high standards at the studio, the professional quality of instruction, the friendships we have made and the atmosphere of fun coupled with serious dancers is what has kept us at this studio. We would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this wonderful studio to anyone who wants to embark on a journey of dance that ultimately becomes a life changing experience. Francis & Neena M.Neena Monteiro
- Enjoyed it so much!A Google User
- Let's say it simply, "dance is fun". The friends you make are ones for the ages.A Google User
- All of the instructors are very talented, fun and friendly. They impart a sense of family. All the cares of the world melt away once entering the positive atmosphere in the studioMary C.