Helpful Hints for Couples
Here at Arthur Murray we specialize in teaching couples to dance. Teaching couples is different from teaching individuals and requires special care.
Teachers are trained to make learning fun and easy, and you can help by remembering the following:
- Let your teacher do the teaching. This means avoid finding fault with each other which can be distracting.
- It’s not how many steps you know; it’s how you execute them. (You always notice good dancers by how they move, not by how many patterns they do.) Learning too many steps too soon results in bad habits and frustration at not executing them properly.
- In teaching couples, we have learned that men typically progress slower because they have more to do and tend to be more analytical or mechanical. Women, on the other hand, feel movement quicker and therefore, THE LADY MUST TRY TO BE PATIENT AND NOT EXPECT TOO MUCH TOO SOON.
- It’s important to keep your lessons close together, and more importantly to use them in close conjunction with group lessons and practice lessons. Ideally, each visit should be scheduled to include more than one activity. This will aid you in making speedy progress and gaining confidence in your dancing in a shorter period of time.
- Communicate with your teacher so that he or she will know what to teach you and the way you like to be taught. The more we know about your dance needs the better we can plan your lessons now and prepare your future program.
- Enjoyed it so much!A Google User
- Let's say it simply, "dance is fun". The friends you make are ones for the ages.A Google User
- All of the instructors are very talented, fun and friendly. They impart a sense of family. All the cares of the world melt away once entering the positive atmosphere in the studioMary C.
- Great instructors and high energy! A fun place to dance!Ann L.
- Arthur Murray dance studio is an extremely welcoming place. Everyone is not only focused on teaching you in a way that will allow you to absorb the information based on your needs, but also allows you to have the most fun possible. The care I received from everyone in the staff is still blowing me away and I would recommend this studio in a heartbeat. Joshua will make sure that when you are beginning your classes, that you will be at your utmost comfort in the new environment and he is very down to earth. Don't give it a second thought, you won't regret it.Alennia J.
- Going to Arthur Murray was like having a big happy familyMary E.
- We have had a great experience for both our trial and first lessons! Joshua and Jesse were patient and fun to work with. They both took the time to learn our personalities and former dance experience and then used that to determine which dances were best for us to start with. We're so excited to learn more with them!Britney W.
- A dedicated group of teachers with a true passion for dance.A Google User
- Amazing place to learn Ballroom dance!Frank C.
- Give yourself a stress free hour with friends. Exercise that will put a smile on your face all day long. The professional staff that really cares about your enjoyment. The staff creates the environment you design for yourself from simply social fun to professional competition. You decide the level of intensity. Awesome experience.Shelly
- Great staff in a beautiful studio! Your always guaranteed a fun time 🙂Michelle M.
- The Arthur Murray experience has been such a pleasure. I have only been coming for over a month now, and I have noticed a difference in my level of self confidence. I have also learned a lot of new dances and dancing techniques. Ivan is an amazing instructor, especially for those who have prior dancing experience. I highly recommend taking advantage of the group classes. Lauren does a great job instructing them. Overall, I am highly satisfied with Arthur Murray. I look forward to my lessons and group classes every week. Not to mention, Paige and Joshua do a great job taking care of ensuring that everyone at the studio is happy.Demi D.
- Jesse is great! His knowledge and comforting personality has made us better dancers. Plus we have so much fun and all of the staff help make it an amazing experience!!Rachael M.
- The place to go to really learn how to dance! Awesome and fun TeachersA Google User
- Everyone very welcoming and friendly. And the definitely know dance and how to teach it!A Google User
- Very professional. Had a great time. Unable to afford the cost of the classes but seemed like it would have been a wonderful experience. The instructor was great and very friendly- put you at ease.A Google User
- Mercy is a fantastic dance teacher! She makes me feel right at home and she lights up a room when she walks in! Enthusiastic and can work you through the rough areas that are tripping you up.A Google User
- The staff is so friendly and knowledgeable about all ballroom dance styles.A Google User
- We love this studio, and love our instructor Mercy. We look forward to dance lessons every week, it has been a great experience 🙂Catalina R.
- Great atmosphere great teachers 🙂A Google User
- If you are looking for fun, friends and fantastic dancing. If you want to get exercise and have a great time doing it! If you require great customer service and value for your money. Arthur Murray Dance Studios is the place to go! Working on our 4th year dancing there, my husband and I have made amazing friends, feel like we're at home there and love feeling capable to dance anywhere to any kind of music! Be a participant in life and put your feet in the hands of Arthur Murray Dance Studios!Toni Z.
- My Fiance and I wanted to "step up" our dance skills for our first dance as husband and wife, we turned to a few dance studios and Arthur Murray was just the best. They responded to our emails right away and welcomed us in for a free 30 minute lesson to make sure we liked it. Well we loved it and purchased (6) 30 minute lessons with Kris Kohlhaas. Kris was phenomenal and took two uncomfortable beginners and made us comfortable and confident on the dance floor! If you are just beginning or have years of dance experience, GO TO ARTHUR MURRAY DANCE CENTER!! They are simply the best!!Cassie Whittemore
- Arthur Murray in Orlando is a great studio. They are fun to work with and are very talented instructors! Highly recommendA Google User
- Fantastic instructors and dancers!!! The studio is beautiful with a friendly and fun atmosphereA Google User
- The people are all nice it's a good atmosphere and everyone has a good time.A Google User
- My wife and I originally went to Arthur Murray Orlando to prepare for our daughter's wedding, 3 years ago. We found a hobby we love because we were treated so well by the staff. We enjoy our private lessons, group lessons, parties and special events. We feel as though walking in the door of the studio was one of the smartest decisions we ever made.A Google User